For young climate experts from transition and developing countries interested in conducting a project in Germany
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s fellowship programme allows future leaders to spend a year in Germany working on a research-related project of their own choice in the field of climate protection. Fellows are free to choose their own hosts. Submit an application if you come from a non-European transition or developing country and are involved with issues relating to the scientific, engineering, legal, economic or social aspects of climate change. Up to 20 fellowships will be granted, funded under the Federal Environment Ministry’s International Climate Initiative.
– Bachelor’s or equivalent university degree completed less than 12 years ago
– theme-related professional experience or further academic or professional qualification
– mentoring agreement signed by a host in Germany
– clearly visible leadership potential
– monthly fellowship amount between 2,150 EUR – 2,750 EUR
– three-week introductory seminar, several-day training course, reception at the Federal Environment Ministry
– up to 2 months intensive German course
– family allowances, lump sum for travel expenses
The closing date for applications is 15 March 2014. The fellowship will commence on 1 March 2015.
For detailed information please visit: www.humboldt-foundation.de/ICF