Young green entrepreneurs from Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria have until 30 June to apply and participate in a training programme organised by the EU-funded programme SWITCH-Med (Switching to more sustainable consumption and production in the Mediterranean).
The training programme will assist eco entrepreneurs in launching new businesses by:
– Training them on how to use tools to turn an innovative idea into a green business model
– Help them turn environmental challenges into business opportunities
– Provide them with technical expertise in eco-design and the improvement of the environmental performance of businesses
– Design an economically-sound business model
– Develop a green business plan
The deadline for application is 30 June 2015.
The SWITCH-MED sustainable consumption and production programme aims to promote a switch of the Mediterranean economies towards sustainable consumption and production patterns and green economy, including low emission development, through demonstration and dissemination of methods that improve resource and energy efficiency. It also seeks to minimise the environmental impacts associated to the life cycle of products and services, and, as opportune, to promote renewable energy.