27/28.06.2016 – Madrid, Spain
The Horizon 2020 project AQUACROSS Knowledge, Assessment, and Management for AQUAtic Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services aCROSS EU policies invites you to save the 27th and 28th June 2016 in Madrid, Spain for a scientific forum including a multi-stakeholder panel discussion on:
Ecosystem-based Management of Freshwater, Coastal, and Marine Ecosystems: Insights for Innovation from Science, Policy, and Business
The aim of the forum is to bring together scientific experts, policy makers, and members of the business community engaged in innovative sectors to discuss cross-cutting topics related to aquatic ecosystems and opportunities for ecosystem-based management. An interactive multi-stakeholder panel discussion will be held with key leaders and experts from science, policy and business who will share their views and provide feedback on experiences in assessing, managing, and utilising freshwater, coastal, and marine ecosystems.
The interim results of AQUACROSS will be shared and reviewed with participants in order to bring new knowledge and innovative ideas into ongoing project discussions and upcoming outputs.
Abstract submissions for conference papers covering a range of cross-cutting themes are encouraged.
- Theoretical and practical approaches to biodiversity and ecosystem service conservation;
- Evaluation of conservation policy successes and failures;
- Coupled biophysical and socio-economic modelling;
- Trans-disciplinary methods including how to facilitate the participatory inclusion of stakeholders;
- Decision support tools;
- Monitoring and performance evaluation in biodiversity conservation;
- Development of integrated data and information platforms;
- Policy evaluation of biodiversity-related policies;
- Institutional frameworks for resource conservation; and
- Economics of species conservation